Statistics Concentration Requirements
To declare a concentration in Statistics, you must fill out the concentration declaration form on Stern Life.
Required Functional Business Core Course
- Statistics for Business Control & Regression/Forecasting Models (STAT-UB 103) or the combination of STAT-UB 1 and STAT-UB 3
You are required to complete 12 credits of upper-level statistics courses that consist of:
- Choose one (1) of the following courses:
- Statistical Inference and Regression Analysis (STAT-UB 15)
- Regression and Multivariate Data Analysis (STAT-UB 17)
- Three (3) approved statistics electives
Approved Statistics Elective Options
- Any “STAT-UB” elective
- Data Mining for Business Intelligence (TECH-UB 57)
- Decision Models & Analytics (MULT-UB 7)
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty (MULT-UB 16)
- Decision Analytics for Sports (OPMG-UB 54)
Additional Notes and Resources
- A Stern elective course may satisfy only one concentration requirement. For example, Decision Models & Analytics can count as an advanced statistics elective or as a Computing & Data Science elective, but it cannot satisfy both requirements.
- We recommend choosing a secondary area of study if you select statistics as a concentration. If you're interested in marketing research, consider supplementing your statistics studies with a concentration in marketing. Other complementary concentrations include finance and economics.
- Explore the Business Analytics track to help you supplement your concentration with coursework in specific areas of statistics.
Meet with a Peer Mentor
Speak with juniors and seniors with knowledge and experience in a wide range of popular industries.Meet with a Peer Mentor
Meet with a Faculty Adviser
Talk more about this coursework as well as academic or professional pathways in this field.Meet with a Faculty Adviser
Meet with an Academic Adviser
Plan your concentration and degree.Meet with an Academic Adviser