Explore Our Joint School Minors
Step Outside of Stern
Learn something new! You can pursue one of the many other cross-school minors that don't include Stern coursework.
- B.S. in Business students may not pursue a minor in Economics
- B.S. in Business and Political Economy students may not pursue minors in Economics or Politics
How to Declare a Minor
Fulfill Your Elective Credit Requirement
No matter which degree program you are enrolled in, you are required to take a specified number of elective credits–many of which must be taken outside of Stern. See the list below of schools in which approved coursework can be taken.
Courses taken toward a minor or second major will satisfy these elective requirements. You may not designate classes that fulfill minor/major requirements pass/fail. Please see Stern’s pass/fail policy for more details. If you choose to pursue a major through the College of Arts and Sciences, please note that a majority of your elective credits will be used to fulfill those major requirements. You are encouraged to meet with an academic adviser in addition to the designated administrator or faculty member in the department in which you are majoring to discuss how the required coursework will impact your curricular plan.
Approved NYU coursework includes classes taken at (all prerequisites and course requirements must be met):
- The College of Arts and Science
- The Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development
- The Tisch School of the Arts
- The Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- Undergraduate Wagner School of Public Service
- Silver School of Social Work
- NYU Tandon School of Engineering (Students interested in taking courses at Tandon should contact a Stern Academic Adviser to discuss this process)
Note: Stern students do not receive credit for courses taken through the School of Professional Studies and therefore, you are not permitted to enroll in courses through any SPS programs.