Choosing Your Recommender
One recommendation is required with your application. Do not submit more than one recommendation and adhere to these other guidelines:
- The recommendation may be academic or professional in nature.
- The recommendation should come from an individual who can objectively assess your performance and your potential for success in Stern's MS in Accounting program and in your future career.
- Recommendations from family members, family friends and close friends are discouraged.
Your recommender will be asked to rate you on a number of professional abilities and qualities, as well as provide an answer to these three questions:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- How do the candidate's performance, potential, background, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified peers? Please provide specific examples.
- How would you describe the applicant's interpersonal skills?
Instructions for Submitting Recommendations
Recommendations must be submitted online
- You will be prompted to enter your recommender's information via the "Add Recommender" function in the Recommendations section of the application.
- Once you enter a recommender's information, they will receive an email notification and instructions for completing the recommendation.
- There are instructions in the application for sending reminders to your recommender, if needed.
- If your recommender cannot submit an online recommendation, you must email email@example.com to explain the circumstances and request approval for your recommender to submit a paper recommendation.
- If your recommender cannot complete a recommendation in English, they will need to complete a paper recommendation, following the instructions above, and have it translated into English. A certified English translation through a translating service must be obtained and submitted in a sealed envelope with the original recommendation, endorsed across the seal.