Current and Prospective Students
Prospective Students / Admissions Pipeline
- NYU College & Career Lab (CCL): Stern is a founding member school of this NYU-wide initiative, directed by the provost’s office. CCL is a free, one-of-a-kind, intensive summer program designed to empower middle- and high-school students from New York City area schools to aspire to, prepare for, and achieve academic postsecondary, and career success. Stern has annually hosted the program’s 50 eighth-grade students. During their week at Stern, students partake in a week of mini-lectures on curricular business fundamentals–such as accounting, economics, entrepreneurship, marketing, strategy, and management communications–through a series of mini-lectures and alumni guest speakers.
- High School Pipeline and Access Strategy: We are exploring how Stern can develop pipeline and access programs. We’re in early exploration; and will share more throughout our development.
- Breakthrough Scholars Leadership Program: Stern pioneered this landmark four-year scholarship program in 2015, which has benefitted from the generous philanthropic support of dozens of alumni, including a $50 million gift in 2021 from Leonard N. Stern (BS ’57, MBA ’59). The Breakthrough program equips a select group of highly-talented and high-performing undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds with the skills and relationships needed to grow and excel at school and in their professional careers. The award includes (among other benefits) full tuition, housing, and bespoke programming which includes orientation programming, cohort-based leadership workshops, corporate visits, professional development workshops, and faculty mentorship.
- Berkley Achievement Scholars Program: One of the newest additions to the School’s scholarship portfolio, this program was endowed in 2021 with a $50 million gift from William R. (BS ’66) and Marjorie Berkley to enable a select group of talented students with financial need from across the United States and representing the full cross-section of the country to attend the Stern Undergraduate College tuition-free. The first class of scholars entered in fall 2022. As with the Breakthrough Scholars Leadership Program, Berkley Scholars participate in bespoke programming designed to support them before, during, and after their college experience at Stern.
MBA and Graduate Programs
- Creating Partnerships with Other Institutions: We are exploring how Stern can develop pipeline and access programs. We’re in early exploration; and will share more throughout our development.
- The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management: An alliance of American business schools and top corporations established to enhance diversity in business education and leadership by helping to reduce the serious underrepresentation of African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Native Americans in both the member schools' enrollment and the ranks of management.
- Forté Foundation is a consortium of top business schools and companies, dedicated to directing talented women toward leadership roles in business.