Reserving Event Space for Co-Sponsored EventsStern Sponsored & Co-Sponsored Events held at NYU Stern must meet the following guidelines:
Have a Stern event owner: The Event Owner is a department or center head; full-time faculty member; or administrator (director-level or above) and current Stern employee who has overall accountability and will serve as the official point of contact for the event.
Responsibilities of the Stern Event Owner include:
- Guiding the event planning and logistics
- Liaising with the Offices of Special Events, IT and Public Affairs, and outside groups
- Attending the event
- Accountable for all vendor payments (e.g., catering, A/V, security, rentals); must provide chartfield for charges
Ex. 1 – Stern speakers showcasing research/thought leadership, School programming or initiatives
Ex. 2 – Significant proportion of audience/invitations to Stern students (current or prospective), faculty and/or alumni
Supports the Stern Brand
- Partnership with an external organization should support and in no way harm the Stern brand.
- Whether to charge for admission and how to apportion proceeds must be determined in advance and agreed upon by all parties.
- Please note: Activities that generate income and that are unrelated to the exempt function of the organization can jeopardize its 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. For questions, contact email@example.com.
- Any installations (signage, lighting, rentals) must be pre-approved and coordinated through the Office of Special Events and NYU Building Services. Gluing, taping, nailing or affixing any items to Stern property is strictly prohibited.
- If your event does not adhere to the these specifications, you may submit a written proposal to the Office of Special Events. All proposals will be reviewed by an Events Council with input from senior administration. Without formal approval in these cases, you may not make commitments on the School’s behalf where facilities and resources are to be used. Agreements that are made without formal approval may be abrogated at the Dean’s discretion.
- Previous occurrences of an event do not guarantee that an event will be approved in the future.
- Please be aware that for non-Stern events which have prior written approval from Stern’s Office of Special Events, the hosting organization is required to pay a rental fee for the space, to use NYU-approved suppliers including caterers, and to abide by all Stern policies related to on-site events, including but not limited to: presence of alcohol and proof of insurance.