Each year, Stern students have the opportunity to start, advise, and invest in real businesses. We call this Stern Solutions
, Stern’s approach to experiential learning, which brings together teams of students and faculty to solve real, complex business challenges. Last year alone nearly 600 students participated in one of 30+ Stern Solutions courses or projects in a variety of industries.
Sample Courses & Projects
- Stern Consulting Corps (SCC) - Learn structured approach to management consulting while working on a consulting project with blue-chip brands in NYC.
- Branding + Innovation Lab - Solve a critical branding challenge facing a prominent multinational organization.
- Tech and the City - Learn about product market fit and how VCs evaluate potential investments while engaging with a technology startup.
- Impact Investing in Family Offices - Engage with a family office on a live impact-investment opportunity/challenge.
- Stern Signature Projects - Engage in projects with faculty and research centers throughout NYU’s Global Network. Past project scopes include film distribution and capital markets in Guyana, to name a few. Student teams and faculty have collaborated to work right here in New York City as well as in locations around the world, from Nepal to Haiti to Ethiopia and beyond.
- The Board Fellows program - Engage with the board of a NYC-based nonprofit organization for nine months and complete a strategic governance project for the board.