Specializations & Electives
Select up to three specializations out of 27 available.
- Specializations include 9 credits, or typically three courses.
- Choose from 200+ electives. Please note that not all elective courses or courses at other graduate schools are offered in every term or during evenings or Saturdays. (NOTE: For those students on a Saturday-only schedule, Specialization choices are limited to Finance and Management only, as not all electives courses are offered on Saturdays.)
- Elective classes are offered on weeknights and Saturdays in conjunction with the Part-time MBA program schedule, as well as during weekdays in conjunction with the Full-time MBA program schedule. Part-time students may take electives outside of their designated day/time option with prior approval from the Office of Academic Affairs and Advising on a space-available basis.
- Opt to take up to 25 percent of your courses at other NYU graduate schools or international partner institutions.
- Participate in a Doing Business In (DBi) course in over 10 locations worldwide or leverage one of Stern's partner schools across 30 countries as a part of Stern's Global Program offerings.
- Solve real-world business problems in real time through Stern Solutions experiential learning opportunities.
In addition to the specializations available, students may also partake in any of the many free, practical, skill-based workshops offered by the Office of Academic Affairs. Some past workshops have included:
- Excel Basics for Business Applications
- Innovation, Design Thinking & Experience Design - Foundations
- Introduction to Cybersecurity