Specializations & Electives
Select up to three specializations out of 27 available.
- Specializations include 9 credits, or typically three courses.
- Choose from 200+ electives. Please note that not all elective courses or courses at other graduate schools are offered in every term or during evenings or Saturdays or online. (NOTE: For those students on a Saturday-only schedule, specialization choices are limited to Finance and Management only, as not all electives courses are offered on Saturdays. For students in the Online/Modular Option, specializations available may also be more limited depending on how elective courses are completed.)
- Elective classes are offered on weeknights and Saturdays in conjunction with the Part-time MBA program schedule, as well as during weekdays in conjunction with the Full-time MBA program schedule. Part-time students may take electives outside of their designated day/time option with prior approval from the Office of Academic Affairs and Advising on a space-available basis.
- Some electives are also offered online or through one-week modules as part of the Online/Modular Option. These courses are subject to availability. Please note that at least 9 credits of elective courses must be completed in person for the Online/Modular option.
- Opt to take up to 25 percent of your courses at other NYU graduate schools or international partner institutions. These courses are almost all taught in person.
- Participate in a Doing Business In (DBi) course in over 10 locations worldwide or leverage one of Stern's partner schools across 30 countries as a part of Stern's Global Program offerings. Due to their nature, these courses are almost all taught in person.
- Solve real-world business problems in real time through Stern Solutions experiential learning opportunities. Due to their nature, these courses are almost all taught in person.
Specialization & Elective Course Listing
Please also note that this course listing is a sample only.
Exact specialization requirements are subject to change, and not all courses are offered each semester or academic year.
In addition to the specializations available, students may also partake in any of the many free, practical, skill-based workshops offered by the Office of Academic Affairs. Some past workshops have included:
- Excel Basics for Business Applications
- Innovation, Design Thinking & Experience Design - Foundations
- Introduction to Cybersecurity