The Saturday option is ideal for working professionals who wish to take most of their courses on Saturday. Year-round Saturday offerings allow you to move through the program at the pace that is best for you. Please note that while the vast majority of the program can be completed on Saturday, attendance may be required on other days (i.e., Friday, Sunday) during the January and late-summer intensive periods.
- Classes meet Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- As a student in the Saturday option, you are placed in a Saturday cohort (Block), typically of about 50-60 students, who all take classes on that same schedule (Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.).
- After your first two semesters, you may continue to take classes on Saturday or also take classes on weeknights as best fits your schedule. It is also possible to switch program options to Weeknights or Accelerated.
- Classes are offered in Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters and through intensive periods in January and the late summer.
- Fall and Spring courses are typically about 12 weeks long; each class meets once per week.
- Summer is divided into two six-week semesters; each class meets twice per week (both 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-4 p.m. for the Saturday option).
- Courses held during intensive periods (January and late summer) provide the opportunity to earn 1.5 or 3 credits at a faster pace and may be on weeknights or weekends.
- Faculty members host weekly office hours outside of the regular course schedule, and many record videos of their course sessions to be available for remote viewing after class.
- Students in our Saturday option may also be able take advantage of some of our online elective courses and modular elective offerings from the Online/Modular Option, depending on space and availability.
- For those students on a Saturday-only schedule, specialization choices are limited to Finance and Management only, as not all electives courses are offered on Saturdays.
- Langone Part-time MBA students must satisfy the Leadership in Organizations requirement in their first semester in the program. There will not be an opportunity to take this course after the first semester.
- Langone Part-time MBA students are not permitted to register for electives during their first two semesters in the MBA program. Any Basic Core course in which a student establishes proficiency must be replaced by a Stern Core course.
- Most electives have Core courses as pre- or co-requisites. If you wish to take an elective for which a certain Core course is a pre- or co-requisite, you will need to complete or establish proficiency in that Core course.
In addition to the Saturday Option, the Part-time MBA program has three other scheduling options: Weeknights Option
, Accelerated Two-Year Option
, and Online/Modular Option
- Students can start in either the Fall or Spring semester.
- The program is flexible and can be done in 2 – 6 years. Most students complete the program in about 3 years. Students in the Saturday and Online/Modular options would likely have to take weeknight courses in person in NYC to complete the program in less than 3 years.
- You have six years to complete your MBA program.
for a PDF version of this image.