BS/MS in Accounting
The Bachelor of Science in General Accounting and Master of Science dual-degree program prepares students to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensure examination. Enrollment is open to Stern undergraduate seniors only. This program is 16 credits in total and is completed during the summer semester at the Stern Graduate School of Business.
Federal Student Loans
If you are interested in receiving summer federal student loans, please be sure to update your 2022-2023 FAFSA to reflect your new status as a graduate student effective Summer 2023 (note: do not complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA). Please log into the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) website and make the following changes to your application:
Question: What will your high school completion status be when you begin college in the 2022-2023 school year?
Answer: 1st-year graduate/professional
Question: What college degree or certificate will you be working on when you begin the 2022-2023 school year?
Answer: Graduate/Professional degree
Under the Dependency Status Tab
Be sure that your status reads "independent"
- After NYU receives the FAFSA information electronically, the Stern Graduate Financial Aid Office will package you for federal student loans up to your cost of attendance.
- Award notices are emailed to your Stern account about one month prior to the payment deadline if you have submitted and updated the FAFSA.
- Accept your federal student loans on NYU Albert. This is the university-wide system that provides a comprehensive and personalized view of your financial aid. In addition to federal loans, Albert will also display any private loans for which you have applied and been approved.
- Sign in at studentaid.gov to secure your loans. You must complete the:
- Entrance Counseling Session
- Master Promissory Note(s)
Private Student Loans
All students, including international students, may also apply for private loans for the summer semester up to their full cost of attendance. Students should begin the application process for private loans 3-4 weeks before their payment deadline.