Loans are a form of financial aid that must be repaid. Whether you are a domestic or an international student, studying full-time or part-time, the following guidelines should be followed:
- Apply early to ensure that your loans are approved in a timely manner.
- Double check your application before submitting it. Inaccurate and/or incomplete applications will delay the approval process.
- All loan funds are disbursed directly from the lender to the Bursar approximately two weeks before the start of each semester. Loan funds received in excess of your total charges will be refunded to you, either by check or direct deposit.
- To reduce or cancel a current loan, please email Stern Graduate Financial Aid
- Track the federal loans you have borrowed by accessing the financial aid review on the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
- Track the private loans you have borrowed by keeping a record of all correspondence with your private student loan servicer.