Domestic Prospective Students
Prior to Acceptance:
- Eligible students are automatically considered and reviewed for merit-based scholarships. No additional materials or separate applications are needed.
- Review your financial aid options including loans, scholarships & fellowships, and company sponsorship.
- Review information on federal loans and private loans.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the upcoming academic year.
- On the FAFSA, please include the NYU school code which is 002785.
Please note that for private loans and for the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, eligibility is contingent upon a credit check. Therefore, it is prudent that you review your credit history before applying. You may refer to our credit report resource page as well as our Graduate PLUS Loan credit check criteria page.
- Once you have been accepted to Stern and have submitted your deposit, NYU will set up your federal student loans.
- You will receive an award notice via your Stern email account with instructions on how to view, accept, or decline your federal student loans.
- If you have elected to borrow a private student loan, contact us to request your loan be certified approximately 3 weeks before your payment deadline.