How do I apply for graduation?

To apply for graduation, please log in to Albert and file your on-line Graduation Application; the link is in the Academics section under Graduation. For step-by-step instructions on how to file your application, please see the Apply for Graduation guide.

I have submitted my on-line Graduation Application. How do I find out my graduation status?

After the Graduation Application filing deadline passes, our office will run a Graduation Evaluation in which your record will checked to confirm that you have completed all of your academic requirements. This evaluation will take roughly one-month. When the evaluation is complete, you will be emailed a notice to confirm that you have been cleared for graduation. If you have any outstanding academic issues that need to be resolved to graduate, you will receive an email detailing the issue and the deadline by which it needs to be resolved.

If I am taking my last class during the Winter Intensive session, can I apply for Fall (i.e. January) graduation?

The Winter Intensive session is part of the Spring semester; students taking their final courses in Spring should submit their Graduation Application for Spring (i.e. May) graduation.

I graduate in Summer or Fall; do I need to make special arrangements to participate in the May graduation ceremonies?

No. Summer and Fall graduates will be automatically invited to participate in the Graduation Ceremonies held the following May.

I am graduating this coming Fall; however, I would like to attend the earlier May Graduation Ceremonies this year, rather than next year’s May ceremonies. Can I make a special request to participate in the earlier ceremonies?

Depending on venue seating availability, we are sometimes able to allow some Fall graduates to walk in the earlier May ceremonies on an "exception” basis. To inquire about walking in May as an exception, please e-mail our Director David Gordon at Include in your email your full name, University ID number, and a brief statement detailing your reasons for requesting to attend the earlier events. These requests are handled on a case-by-case basis, and it may not be possible to grant all requests.

When will I receive my diploma?

Diplomas are processed by and mailed to you from the central NYU University Registrar’s office; your diploma should arrive 8 to 10 weeks after your official graduation date. The diploma will be mailed to your Permanent Address, as it is listed on the Albert system.

I need a replacement diploma, how do I obtain one?

In the event your diploma is lost or damaged, please contact the central University Registrar. Their office will supply a replacement diploma, upon proper deposition and the payment of a fee to cover the cost. Before issuing the replacement, however, you will be required to return the damaged diploma, or such portions of it as are available; or, in the case of loss or complete destruction, a notarized affidavit stating this.

For further information, and to submit your replacement diploma request, please visit the Diplomas page on the University Registrar’s website here.

How do I get my diploma certified or given an apostille?

The StudentLink Center will be able to assist you. Please see the following link which outlines the process.