Can the Office of Records & Registration provide a letter verifying my enrollment status or other related student information?

Yes, our office can provide students with an official letter verifying their enrollment or other student information. We can email you a PDF copy of the requested letter, mail a hard copy to you or a third party, or hold the letter for pick up at the NYU Stern Records & Registration office. To request a letter, please complete the Letter Request Form found here; when completed and signed this form can be sent to us via email, fax, or mailed to our office (our contact information is on the form).  Commonly requested types of letters include:
  • Enrollment Verification
  • Expected Graduation Date
  • Graduation
  • Opening a Bank Account
  • Degree Requirements Completed
  • Excusal from Jury Duty

What’s the difference between a “Verifying Degree Requirements Completed” letter and “Verifying Graduation” letter?

A letter “Verifying Degree Requirements Completed” confirms that you have completed all coursework and requirements to earn your degree, and is drafted in advance of the final posting and conferral of your degree. A letter “Verifying Graduation” can be drafted once your degree has officially been conferred and posted.

My family members need to obtain visas to the US in order to attend the NYU and Stern graduation ceremonies. Can I request a letter inviting them to those ceremonies?

Yes. Simply complete and sign the Letter Request Form, and indicate on it your family members’ full-names and their specific relation to you. We will draft a letter of invitation, which will include that information.