As a NYU Non-Stern student (other than those in dual-degree programs) you may register up to 6 Stern credits per term and registration must be done through your division program advisor as outlined by the cross-registration procedure below.
Reservations for Summer 2023 will be accepted during the following periods:
Summer 1: April 7 through May 17
Summer 2: April 7 through July 5
Summer Intensive: April 7 through August 16
- Non-Stern students are not permitted to register for fall intensive, winter intensive or summer intensive courses.
- Please be aware that some core classes are restricted.
- Non-Stern students may not audit Stern MBA classes.
- Professional experience and internships does not satisfy any requisite.
- Stern professors do not manage course enrollment, requisites, or the registration process; thus, they cannot override or waive any policies.
- All students enrolled in Stern graduate courses must adhere to Stern's policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct along with the default policies for Stern courses.
- Please be aware that the Stern Graduate School of Business uses a different Summer 2023 calendar than the regular NYU calendar.
- Students should contact their program advisors for results and questions.
- Plan Your Summer 2023 Schedule
Review the Stern course schedule (updated in real-time) found on the Stern website, not Albert, to plan for the Stern courses you wish to take. You can search by department and/or print the entire schedule. Additional course information is also available.
- Confirm Requisite Satisfaction
Your program advisor may confirm course requisite satisfaction through one of the following:
- Coursework - passed Stern requisite coursework or an approved equivalent.
- Degree - earned an Undergraduate Major or Master's degree in the requisite subject.
- License – obtained a USA CPA license, passing USA CPA exam grade, or Chartered Accountant certification. The CFA designation and other professional experience do not satisfy any requisites. Please note, this only applies to courses with a COR1-GB.1306 Financial Accounting & Reporting requisite.
- Exam – passed requisite Stern Proficiency Exam. Program advisors can schedule an exam date for their students by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the Cross-Registration Form (To download form please right click and save link as...)
Submit the cross-registration form to your program advisor for certification of all course and requisite information. If your program advisor approves, your form will then be sent to Stern for processing. You do not need approval from a Stern academic advisor.
- Stern Approval & Registration
If a seat is approved in the class by Stern, you will be notified by your program advisor. Upon notification you will need to finalize your registration via Albert before the provided deadline.
- Activate You Stern Account
Non-Stern students automatically get a Stern account after registering; you must activate this account in order to access Stern class resources such as Brightspace, etc. When activating your Stern account, you will be using your current NYU NetID.
- NYU Albert
- Course Information (closed courses, syllabi, etc.)
- Room Assignments
- NYU Bursar
- NYU Professional Bookstore