Since its inception in 1900, New York University Stern School of Business has been in and of New York City.
The NYU undergraduate School of Commerce, Accounts and Finance is established to provide professional training for students pursuing a career in business. The school is located on the University’s Washington Square campus and presided over by Charles Waldo Haskins, the School’s founding dean.
The first women matriculate, beginning a long tradition of diversity and inclusiveness.
The School of Commerce, Accounts, and Finance is renamed the College of Business and Public Administration. Tisch Hall, made possible by the generosity of the Tisch Family and designed by architect Philip Johnson, opens its doors, establishing the Undergraduate College's modern-day home.
A landmark $30 million gift from alumnus Leonard N. Stern (BS, 1957; MBA, 1959) allows the School to consolidate its graduate and undergraduate facilities at NYU’s Washington Square campus. The School is renamed the Leonard N. Stern School of Business.
Thirty-three of Stern’s leading finance and economic scholars collaborate to write the book, “Restoring Financial Stability: How to Repair a Failed System,” which contains 18 white papers providing analyses and solutions to the global financial crisis.
NYU Stern launches two, new focused one-year MBA programs: The Andre Koo Tech MBA and Fashion & Luxury MBA.
Raghu Sundaram becomes the tenth Dean of NYU Stern.