In order to complete the Langone Part-time MBA degree program, you must satisfy the following degree requirements:
- Complete 60 total credits
- Enroll or establish proficiency in Leadership in Organizations (enrollment in this course is automatic in your first semester) and one of the other three Basic Core courses (Firms and Markets, Statistics and Data Analysis, or Financial Accounting and Reporting) during your first semester.
- During your second semester, it is expected that you complete or establish proficiency in the two remaining Basic Core courses. These core courses (or proficiency in these courses) provide the foundation for more advanced coursework in the MBA program, and they are pre-requisites for enrolling in many elective courses.
- If you establish proficiency in the listed core courses being offered in a specific term, you are welcome to register for other core courses that are required or available electives that are being offered that term. Please note that some elective courses may have prerequisites.
- Complete or establish proficiency in all the Stern Core courses.
- Complete all the Langone Core courses.
- Complete the capstone core course, Professional Responsibility or Ethical and Legal Challenges of the Modern Corporation.
- Complete all degree requirements in 6 years from the semester of enrollment.
Core Requirements for Langone Part-time MBA Students
Basic Core: 12.0 Credits
Enroll, or establish proficiency, in Leadership in Organizations during your first semester with your Block.
|Basic Core Course (First Semester)||Credits|
|Leadership in Organizations||3.0|
It is expected that you complete, or establish proficiency, in the 3 remaining Basic Core courses during your first two semesters with your Block.
|Basic Core Courses (First Two Semesters)||Credits|
|Firms and Markets||3.0|
|Statistics and Data Analysis||3.0|
|Financial Accounting and Reporting||3.0|
Stern Core: 15.0 Credits
Complete, or establish proficiency in, the Stern Core courses.
|Stern Core Courses||Credits|
|The Global Economy||3.0|
|Foundations of Finance||3.0|
Capstone Core: 1.5 Credits/3.0 Credits
Complete the Capstone Core.
|Professional Responsibility OR||1.5|
|Ethical and Legal Challenges of the Modern Corporation*||3.0|
Langone Core: 3.0 Credits
Complete the Langone Core courses.
|Langone Core Courses||Credits|
|Collaboration, Conflict, and Negotiation||1.5|
- Langone Part-time MBA students must satisfy the Leadership in Organizations requirement in their first semester in the program. There will not be an opportunity to take this course after the first semester.
- Langone Part-time MBA students are not permitted to register for electives during their first two semesters in the MBA program. Any Basic Core course in which a student establishes proficiency must be replaced by a Stern Core course.
- Most electives have Core courses as pre- or co-requisites. If you wish to take an elective for which a certain Core course is a pre- or co-requisite, you will need to complete or establish proficiency in that Core course.
- Langone Core courses count toward the 24-credit maximum per course designator and may be applied toward specializations.
- *This law course counts towards the 15.0 credit maximum of non-Stern credits