Two Year Full-time MBA, Fertitta Veterans Program
In order to complete the Two Year Full-time MBA degree as a Fertitta Veterans Program student, you must satisfy the following degree requirements:
- Complete 60 total credits with a minimum overall grade point average of 2.5000.
- Complete Team Communications during your first Fall semester.
- Complete the following two courses during the first Summer:
- Statistics and Data Analysis
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Complete or establish proficiency in at least 5 of the 7 Menu Core courses during your first year.
- Participate in a summer internship between your first and second year.
- Complete the capstone core course, Professional Responsibility or Ethical and Legal Challenges of the Modern Corporation, during your second year.
You must complete the following Required Stern Core Courses during your first summer:
Core Requirements for Two Year Full-time MBA Fertitta Veterans Program Students
|Required Stern Core Courses|
|Statistics and Data Analysis|
|Financial Accounting and Reporting|
You must complete or establish proficiency in at least 5 of the 7 Menu Core courses during your first year:
|Menu Core, Choose at least 5 of 7:||Offered in Fall?||Offered in Spring?|
|Strategy - with your block||Yes||No|
|Firms and Markets||Yes||No|
|Foundations of Finance||Yes||Yes|
|The Global Economy||No||Yes|
|Leadership in Organizations||No||Yes|
You must complete the Capstone Core during your second year:
|Capstone Core:||Offered in Fall?||Offered in Spring?|
|Professional Responsibility OR||Yes||Yes|
|Ethical and Legal Challenges of the Modern Corporation*||No||Yes|
- Some courses are only offered during the Fall or Spring, as noted above.
- Your entering class is divided into six blocks, with whom you will participate in a variety of community activities and take some Menu Core courses, as noted above.
- In the second year of your program you may enroll in any additional Menu Core course(s) that you did not take in your first year, on a space available basis, with students in the Langone Part-time MBA Program.
- Most electives have Core courses as pre- or co-requisites. If you wish to take an elective for which a certain Core course is a pre- or co-requisite, you will need to complete or establish proficiency in that Core course.
- *This law course counts towards the 15.0 credit maximum of non-Stern credits.
Your First Year: Meeting your Core Requirements
Summer Semester - 6 creditsRegister for your required Core courses:
- Statistics and Data Analysis (3 credits)
- Financial Accounting and Reporting (3 credits)
1st Semester - 12 creditsMenu Core
- Select four courses from the menu of core offerings.
- In place of one menu core course, you may choose to take one elective in your first semester, on a space available basis. Please review the First-Semester Elective policy for more information.
- Note: Foundations of Finance requires knowledge of basic economic and statistical concepts before registration.
2nd Semester - 15 credits
- Take your remaining Menu Core courses (for a total of at least five).
- Register for electives with your remaining credits.
Your Second Year: Electives and Specializations
3rd and 4th Semesters - 15 Credits each**Fertitta Veterans Program students have the option of taking 12 credits in either their third or fourth semester.
- Complete your Capstone Core requirement - Professional Responsibility (1.5 credits) or Ethical and Legal Challenges of the Modern Corporation (3 credits)
- Fill your open schedule with electives: