Reflecting on his personal and professional history, Lubetzky shared his background and roots in Mexico, stories from his father who survived the Holocaust and lessons learned from growing a healthy snack company. He also shared several pieces of advice with students:
- Have more conversations with yourself; know yourself.
- The journey is just as important (if not more important) than the destination itself.
- Remember the three stages (and C’s) of entrepreneurship: Creativity, Criticism and Crusader -- all three are crucial for success.
- Don’t take freedom and democracy for granted.
- Never forget the first rule of business -- do no harm!
About the Haitkin Lecture
The annual Haitkin Lecture is a forum dedicated to the examination of issues of integrity and ethics in business. It is a special opportunity that allows for Stern students to listen to and ask questions of extraordinary individuals from academia, practice and the press. The Haitkin Lecture was established through the generosity of Stern alumnus Jeffrey Haitkin (BS '68).