Business and Political Economy Semesters AbroadInternational study is a key component of the Business and Political Economy degree. Your cross-continent experiences will give you in-depth knowledge of business, politics, and economics in different cultures. To foster a unique global perspective, the BPE program includes two full semesters of global study at NYU's campuses in London and Shanghai during your sophomore year. You may also spend an optional third semester away at an NYU global site of your choice.
London Quick Facts:
- London is one of the most diverse and dynamic cities in the world
- Students at NYU London live and study in the city center in charming Bloomsbury known as the city's literary capital
- The people of London are generally approachable and helpful with directions or recommendations
- The NYU European travel destinations include Paris, Rome, Prague, Amsterdam, and Madrid
- The weather in London is very unpredictable, so always be prepared with a waterproof jacket and an umbrella
Learn more about NYU's campus in London.
Shanghai Quick Facts:
- Shanghai is the largest city in China and also its economic center
- Chinese people are very interested in foreigners and pay more attention to foreign strangers than local strangers
- The NYU Chinese travel destinations include Beijing, Chengdou, Hangzhou, and Stone Forest
- The weather in Shanghai is similar to weather in New York – hot in the summer and cold in the winter
- Whenever you go shopping in China, you have to bargain for what you are buying
Learn more about NYU's campus in Shanghai.
Visit NYU’s study away website for an overview of the 11 additional global academic centers where you can study if you opt to spend the third semester away