The NYU Stern community is as global as our New York location. Over a third of our students hold international citizenship and we are proud to have these voices represented in our classrooms. As part of the Global Network University, NYU offers a variety of resources and programs to help our international students succeed.
Members of numerous offices including the Office of Career Development
, Office of Student Engagement
, and Office of Global Services
work together to help our international students thrive in New York City and upon graduation.
NYU Stern's 2-year Full-time MBA is a STEM designated degree program
. For detailed information on eligibility and procedure please visit STEM OPT information
on the Office of Global Services website.
Student Clubs and Organizations
Our international students are involved on campus and lead organizations including the following:
- Asian Business Society strives to promote interest in both the domestic and international Asian business environment.
- European Business Society generates awareness of European business, culture, and politics on campus through events and promotes professional opportunities for students interested in working in Europe and for European students wishing to work in the United States.
- Latin American Business Association acts as a liaison between Latin America and the Stern Community at an academic, corporate, and social level, facilitating and promoting cultural and professional exchange.
- South Asian Business Association serves all students interested in business opportunities, social programs, and networking events related to South Asia.
- Stern in Africa is dedicated to providing the Stern and NYU communities with increased exposure to business and investment opportunities in Africa, and enhancing awareness of Africa's growing economies.
Resources for Students & Applicants
- Office of Global Services (OGS) offers programs and guidance related to everything from your first visit to campus to the visa application process. View the OGS International Student Guide.
- Career Workshops for International Students: Stern offers a number of programs to help our international students succeed, including seminars on immigration law and interactive workshops on cover letter writing and networking in preparation for the recruiting season. Stern has a staff member dedicated to working with international students within the Office of Career Development.
- Passport Day: This annual student event exemplifies Stern's community spirit and global focus and is one of Stern's most popular events. Passport Day brings to life the rich benefits of NYU Stern's internationally diverse student body and provides an opportunity for students to showcase their countries and culture through traditional cuisine, costumes, music and performances. This past year's event featured over 35 countries.