Preparing future and current business leaders to sustain business and society for generations to come through education, research, and engagement
At the NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business (CSB), our mission is to prepare individuals and organizations with the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to embed social and environmental sustainability into core business strategy. In doing so, businesses reduce risk; create competitive advantage; develop innovative services, products, and processes; while improving financial performance and creating value for society. CSB implements its mission through activities in Education, Research, and Engagement.
Innovation in Education:
– Prepares Stern students to contribute value to business and society through co-curricular and experiential learning opportunities
– Incorporates sustainability-focused curriculum into the existing undergraduate, graduate, and executive degree programs
– Provides career development and networking opportunities for students as they navigate career paths related to sustainable business
Insights and Research:
– Leverages our ROSI™ Methodology to reveal that embedding sustainability into core business strategy benefits all areas of corporate metrics
– Conducts and disseminates original research targeted at improving business management and performance while addressing societal challenges
– Develops the knowledge and tools needed to monetize the financial return on sustainability investments, or ROSI™
Influence and Engagement:
– Partners with a growing network of professionals, investors, alumni, media partners and academics on corporate strategy and academic research initiatives
– Publishes research-based and editorial content in business media, academic journals and mass media
– Hosts regular multi-stakeholder events, conferences, and workshops for students and professionals
CSB Annual Reports
Read about our recent advancements in sustainable business education, research, and engagement.