**Recordings now available!
The NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business Annual Practice Forum is a unique convening of the corporate sustainability and investor communities to discuss how companies can better measure and monetize their sustainability performance. Participants are empowered to make better investment decisions with an enhanced understanding of how sustainability returns are driven by innovation, operational efficiency, employee engagement, brand enhancement and risk mitigation.
The 2022 Practice Forum, The Financial Case for Return on Sustainability Investment: Measure, Market and Monetize Sustainability, took place virtually on March 24th and 25th, 2022 and attracted more than 1,300 finance, corporate, academic and non-profit professionals working in sustainable business around the world.
See below for recordings of this year's programming and more information about previous Practice Forums.
Raghu Sundaram, Dean of NYU Stern, anchors the event in the context of education, business and society, followed by opening remarks from Glenmede CEO and Stern alumnus Gordon Fowler.
Sustainable Solutions: Practical Insights to Monetize and Scale Sustainability Investments
Keynote address by NYU Stern CSB Director Tensie Whelan providing a roundup of the latest research and actionable insights from CSB's programs
Becoming Net Positive
Conversation with the author of Net Positive: How Courageous Companies Thrive by Giving More Than They Take
- Paul Polman, Co-Chair and Co-Founder, IMAGINE
- Tensie Whelan, Director, NYU Stern CSB
Groundbreaking new data on consumer purchasing of sustainability marketed products and perspectives from two global leaders on the business value of sustainability
- Chris Coulter, CEO, GlobeScan
- Craig Dubitsky, Chief Innovation Strategist, Colgate-Palmolive
- Randi Kronthan-Sacco, Senior Scholar of Marketing, NYU Stern CSB
Intimate conversations with industry leaders on seizing the opportunity to incorporate sustainability beyond internal business practices and into new business offerings
- Luka Mucic, Member of the Executive Board and CFO of SAP SE
- Moderated by Brooke Masters, US Investment & Industry Editor of the Financial Times
- Christian Ulbrich, CEO of JLL
- Moderated by Adi Ignatius, Editor-in-Chief of Harvard Business Review
Discussion on the role of ESG in private equity and scaling stakeholder value creation
- Brandon Brahm, Partner, KKR
- Christopher Rowe, Managing Director, investments, Church Pension Group
- Tazia Smith, COO and Head of Capital Partnerships, Closed Loop Partners
- Serge Younes, Head of Sustainability, Investindustrial
Expert panel on challenges and opportunities created by the NYC Climate Mobilization Act and clean energy lending programs
- Jessica Bailey, President and CEO, Nuveen Capital Green
- John Mandyck, CEO, Urban Green Council
- Tyng Patka, Partner, Duval & Stachenfeld LLP
- Curtis Probst, CEO, NYCEEC
Presentation of CSB's hallmark Return on Sustainability Investment (ROSI™) research through case studies on the financial benefits of investment in sustainable agriculture
- Gina Asoudegan, Vice President, Mission and Innovation, Applegate
- Guillermo Garza, Public Affairs, Communications & Sustainability Officer, Arca Continental
- Donald Pratt, Managing Director, McCormick Global Ingredients Limited
- Ryan Sirolli, Global Row Crop Sustainability Director, Cargill
Following the ROSI™ presentation, attendees had the unique opportunity to engage with panelists and CSB experts in one of four workshops offering a hands-on review of the ROSI™ methodology and how to apply learnings across industries
To learn more or to express interest in sponsorship for next year's Practice Forum, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.