Sustainable Market Share Index™
CSB partnered with Circana (formerly IRI) for its annual analysis of consumer purchasing data for consumer packaged goods marketed as sustainable.
Consumer Purchasing Insights From the 2022 Practice Forum
Watch CSB's Randi Kronthal-Sacco present findings from the 2022 Sustainable Market Share Index™ study and discuss insights with Nishat Mehta, President, Global Solution at Circana (formerly IRI).
Sustainable Market Share Index™ Reports
2019 Sustainable Market Share Index™ Report
In the inaugural Sustainable Market Share Index Report, a five-year dataset representing CPG purchasing from 2013-2018 was analyzed to benchmark the following:
- Have purchases of sustainable products increased over time?
- Are there specific product categories for which the purchases of more sustainable product options out- or underperform less sustainable alternatives?
2020 Sustainable Market Share Index™ Report
The 2020 Sustainable Market Share Index™ Report features an update to market share and category analysis, as well as expanded research to identify the following:
- Have sustainable purchases been impacted by COVID-19?
- Are green chemistry products outperforming conventional formulations?
- What is the impact of price on purchases of sustainable products?
- What is the demographic profile of the sustainable purchaser?
- How have sustainable products fared in e-commerce?
2021 Sustainable Market Share Index™ Report
The 2021 Sustainable Market Share Index Report revisits all previous research questions with updated 2021 data, and new analysis to answer the following additional questions:
- How important has sustainability become in new product development?
- What is the impact of product availability on share?