Sustainable Market Share Index™
CSB partnered with IRI® following up its seminal 2019 analysis examining consumer purchases of sustainability-marketed consumer packaged goods.
Consumer Purchasing Insights From the 2022 Practice Forum
Watch CSB's Randi Kronthal-Sacco present findings from the 2021 Sustainable Market Share Index™ study and discuss insights with Craig Dubitsky, Chief Innovation Strategist at Colgate-Palmolive and Chris Coulter, CEO of GlobeScan
Sustainable Market Share Index™ Reports
2019 Sustainable Market Share Index™ Report
In the inaugural Sustainable Market Share Index Report, a five-year dataset representing CPG purchasing from 2013-2018 was analyzed to benchmark the following:
- Have purchases of sustainable products increased over time?
- Are there specific product categories for which the purchases of more sustainable product options out- or underperform less sustainable alternatives?
2020 Sustainable Market Share Index™ Report
The 2020 Sustainbale Market Share Index™ Report features an update to market share and category analysis, as well as expanded research to identify the following:
- Have sustainable purchases been impacted by COVID-19?
- Are green chemistry products outperforming conventional formulations?
- What is the impact of price on purchases of sustainable products?
- What is the demographic profile of the sustainable purchaser?
- How have sustainable products fared in e-commerce?
2021 Sustainable Market Share Index™ Report
The 2021 Sustainable Market Share Index Report revisits all previous research questions with updated 2021 data, and new analysis to answer the following additional questions:
- How important has sustainability become in new product development?
- What is the impact of product availability on share?