Sustainable Business Education at Stern
At a time of indisputable societal and environmental change, students studying sustainable business at Stern will examine the unique role and shifting expectations of the private sector, as well as gain a broad understanding of how embedding sustainability into core business strategy benefits financial performance and management practices.As part of the Business and Society Program, the Center for Sustainable Business provides students in any degree program the knowledge and skills needed to create economic value in tandem with social and environmental value at their current and future employers. Students will develop a mindset for proactive citizenship and an expertise in today’s most pressing global issues, increasing their academic and professional competitiveness and positioning themselves at the forefront of thought leadership on the future of business.
- Sustainable Business Co-Concentration (12 credits) through which students examine the unique role of the private sector in today's most pressing global issues and gain a broad understanding of how to embed sustainability into core business strategy and functions
- 20+ Electives on the role of business in social and evironmental change
- Co-Curricular opportunities such as our annual Sustainability Career Boot Camp, lunchtime events and panel discussions, and research positions through SPUR
- Learn more
- Sustainable Business and Innovation Specialization (9 credits) which provides students with the knowledge and practical skills needed to create economic value in tandem with social and environmental value at their current and future employers
- 25+ Electives on the role of business in social and environmental change
- Co-Curricular opportunities such as Stern Signature Projects (SSPs), case competitions, panel discussions and alumni networking events, and research fellowships
- Learn more
- Executive Certificate Programs:
- Sustainability Training for Business Leaders and Sustainable Finance and ESG Investing: Two-day, in-person open enrollment courses
- Corporate Sustainability: A 14-week online course taught by CSB Director and Clinical Professor Tensie Whelan
- Driving Sustainable Decisions: A free online course developed by CSB titled "Building a Better Business Case for Investments in Sustainability"