Webinar: Localizing the Sustainable Development Goals: Invest NYC SDG Initiative
With less than ten years remaining to achieve the 169 targets and 247 indicators embedded in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), global stakeholders including governments, and the private sector may require additional guidance in navigating the use of emerging technologies in the digital age to drive sustainability, support urban resilience, urban mobility and ensure food security.
Accordingly, the Center for Sustainable Business (CSB) at the New York University launched the Invest NYC SDG as a multi-year initiative to facilitate the transition to a more sustainable, inclusive, and resilient urban economy in New York City by leveraging the SDGs.
This Webinar will elaborate on the multistakeholder Invest NYC SDG initiative, while presenting the recently published Global Change Begins at Home: Advancing the UN SDGs in NYC.
- Opening remarks by Seizo Onoe, Director, Telecommunications Standardization Bureau, ITU
- Keynote speech by Bill de Blasio, former Mayor of NYC
- Presentation by Marianna Koval, Director, Invest NYC SDG Initiative at NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business
- Panel discussion moderated by Will Kennedy, Senior Programme Office, UN Officer for Partnerships in conversation with Sameer Shetty, Head of Digital Banking at Axis Bank and Nour Riad, Marketing, Communications and Engagement Manager at the Foundation Genevoise pour L'Innovation Technologique (FONGIT)
- Concluding remarks by Bilel Jamoussi, Chief of Study Groups, TSB, ITU